Friday, March 25, 2011

I wanted...I bought...I made

Chocolate cupcakes with passionfruit icing - taste just like summer

Saturday I have food chain so dinner will be simple, venison stew perhaps, as I accidentally got the game stock out of the freezer and it would be a shame to waste it - lovely it was with boiled potaotes and curly kale. Sunday pasta had some rice over from foodchain so turned it into fried rice, Monday perhaps roast with salads as it seems spring might just be here - pork roasted with potato salad, fennel, carrot and celery salad and a pile of rocket, Tuesday I am out so the man will fend for himself, Wednesday noodles smoked bacon quiche with couscous salad, Thursday risotto grilled lamb chops with the rest of the salad, Friday omelette! actually sausage sarnies - Friday food.

Started at the Ginger Pig for a lovely piece of rolled pork shoulder, as well as eggs and smoked bacon - £19.45

Then to Furness for venison, a very reasonable £11 for a kilo and lovely it was

Milk and yoghurt from Neals Yard - £5.70

Quick in and out, spending only £36.15 but bought veg for salads, bread, pasta, nibbles, butter and bits through the week

No comments: