Friday, March 11, 2011

I wanted...I bought...I made

Spring onion and gorgonzola quiche as seen from above

A quiet week coming up. Saturday night I fancy fish grilled venision sausage sandwiches, Sunday we are out in the day so roast beef of old England will be a treat. Monday a delicate steamed eggs, rice and cabbage still asian but noodles stirfried with mushrooms and greens, Tuesday perhaps a vegtable curry decadently fabulous goose neck stuffed with foie gras that I crumbed and fried and served with boiled new potoatoes and salad, Wednesday some noodles used the last of the gorgonzola and some spring onions to make a quiche, Thursday chicken chasseur and Friday I simply don't know.

It is definitely a little more spring like, but only randomly, and it is still cold, specially at the market. Started at Ginger Pig for a gorgeous hunk of topside as well as both smoked and unsmoked bacon. I like having it in the freezer, it's the start of so many good dinners. Spotted an enormous roll of pig skin which, glutton that I am I simply had to have. Paid £24.30

Went to the Sussex fish stall but couldn't decide so left it. I am still a bit intimidated by fish, knowing what to cook and how best to do it. Went to Furness instead and bought some lovely venison sausages - £6.50

Eggs from Wild Beef - £3 for a dozen

Bread, milk and yoghurt from Neals Yard - £8.70

Then home spending only £42.50 but in need of veg and noodles and other things

2 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

Can I come and live with you?

bron said...

Love it! Will just check with the man.